Jesus in 1 and 2 Chronicles
|1 and 2 Chronicles contain a shorter version of the account in 1&2 Samuel and 1&2 Kings. That's why, the symbols that we see in these six books are the same, yet, I would specifically like to point out 4 Jesus pictures in these two books:|
1. In 1 Chrnicles 11:1-3 we can see how David was made king by the will of the whole nation of Israel and therefore David was the first king that took the symbol of Jesus as the King of kings - The Greater David, the inheritor of his throne and the seed of this beloved and anointed servant of God.
In Revelation 22:16, Jesus Himself says:
"I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.".
2. The books of the Kings and the Chronicles reveal the three foundational offices in the Old Testament times - the King, the Prophet and the Priest. David was the only one that had this three-fold anointing and grace upon his life, which again is a representation of our Lord, Who had the fullness of God's Spirit upon Him.
3. In 1 Chr. 14:10 we can also see Jesus as David's military advisor. He is the Lord of hosts, so He knows best in the area of warring against our spiritual enemies. 2 Chronicles 32:7 also contributes to that idea, calling the Lord: The Greater power.
4. In many places in Kings and Chronicles we can see the zeal of the Lord about His Temple, such as in 2 Chronicles 7:19-22, which is a picture of the Lord Jesus in the New Testament, as the Temple Cleanser (Matthew 21:12-13).
5. In the story described in 2 Chronicles 29, we can see how King Hezekiah brought about a complete reformation in God's House and Nation, which pictures Jesus as the Great Reformer. During His Earthly ministry, whenever He entered a city or region, a revival broke in the strongest sense of the word.
Well, these 5 pictures of Jesus in Chronicles are definitely very exciting, because they encompass a broad spectre of the grace and anointing of Jesus Christ.
God Bless You!
Return from 1 and 2 Chronicles to Jesus Pictures Page
Return from 1 and 2 Chronicles to Home Page