17th week - Godly men! Wanted: Men with a Divine character!
“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” John 14:17-18 (KJV)
Recently, the Lord spoke to me about the way He would have us men as husbands, fathers, and heads of our families, e.g. Godly men. He showed me His role to us. He is our Father, our Husband, and our Head, and the Holy Spirit has been sent to us, to do several things, which, if every earthly husband and father starts doing, I believe we will have better families. He is mainly 3 things to us:
1. An Intercessor 2. A Comforter 3. An Advocate
When you combine them all, you get the idea of: intercession, comfort, exhortation, correction, and protection. So, our main role as husbands and fathers is:
1. To intercede for the family, which would include: intercession, prayer, laying on of hands, prophesying, deliverance, spiritual warfare on the behalf of the family, praise and worship and faith.
2. To comfort. That is being done with: words, actions like hugs, kisses, etc, communication, and just being there for the others.
3. To exhortate. That means encourage each one for his/her gifts, talents, and graces, and showing true, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
4. To Correct. Again, with Love!
5. To Protect. The advocate shows the rights of man, so here comes the ministry of the Teacher. This is possible through: Personal teaching, general spiritual assembly (meeting) of the family; Church, Christian educational materials, etc.
So, having these as basic foundation, the Lord will lead us and give us specific ideas and actions that we must take every day, in order that we establish some foundational spiritual Christian concepts, principles, and habits, which would enable us to have strong families.
Pastor, Bible Teacher, Preacher, Translator, Publisher and Author